North Vale Parish Council Minutes: 19 October 2015
NORTH VALE PARISH COUNCIL COMMUNICATION
Meeting 494 held on 19 October 2015 at 7.30 pm at Holton Village Hall
19 OCTOBER 2015 MINUTES OF THE MEETING
Councillors: David Young, Gillian Freeman, Nick Haggett, Hannah Crofts, Lesley Tyson, Jenny Chambers, David Badham-Thornhill, James Lee.
Councillors: Janet Down, Richard Biss.
REGISTER OF INTERESTS & DECLARATIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
DECLARATIONS OR INTEREST/DISPENSATIONS
MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
1. Following William Wallace outlining that there are funds for health and wellbeing within the area in the last meeting, options were discussed, including laptops in Holton Village Hall for the villagers to use. Villagers need to be asked direct for ideas. Ways of getting the message to villagers, including matters in the future were discussed and suggestions of villages having their own website, blog and face book to ‘get the message out there’.
2. The rising speed through Dancing Cross area was discussed. Speed limit signs are faded and it was discussed about them being replaced. Highways are to be contacted.
3. The position of Parish Clerk is still open. An advertisement will be in the next Excalibur and posters are on notice boards. If there is no acceptance within the following week then an advert will be in the Blackmore Vale Magazine and The Horsington Blog will be approached.
1. 15/04189/FUL Mr Tim Banwell – Erection of a replacement shed at The Nook, Holton Street, Holton,
BA9 8AN. No objections.
1. Cheque to be reimbursed at next meeting for £12 for advertisement of Parish Clerk position in the Excalibur.
No further financial documents present.
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
1. Footpaths WN20/3 and WN20/4 are being attended to.
2. Footpath from Maperton to Blackford – the middle style has been taken down and has not been replaced. To be reviewed and land owner contacted if not replaced.
There being no further business the meeting was closed at 8.20 pm.
Hannah Crofts – In the absence of Clerk for North Vale Parish Council.