North Vale Parish Council Minutes November 2015
NORTH VALE PARISH COUNCIL COMMUNICATION
Meeting 495 held on Monday 16 November 2015 at 7.30 pm at North Cheriton Village Hall
MINUTES OF THE MEETING
David Young, Tim Inglefield, Richard Biss, Janet Down, Nick Haggett, Lesley Tyson, Jenny Chambers, David Badham-Thornhill, James Lee, Hannah Crofts.
Gillian Freeman, William Wallace.
REGISTER OF INTERESTS/DISPENSATION & DECLARATIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
DECLARATIONS OR INTEREST/DISPENSATIONS
1. Funding for Health and Wellbeing in the villages - Cheriton, like Holton are also interested in obtaining a computer for training purposes within the village. The amount of funding is to be established. Grit bins in the villages were another suggestion.
2. Speeding at Dancing Cross – Awaiting a reply from the Highways regarding signs. Options to reduce speed are to be looked at.
3. Footpaths – monitor and review at later date.
1. New application brought to the meeting – 15/03868/FUL Changes of access at Maperton Stud. Application approved at meeting subject to neighbours being notified and discussed.
1. HSBC Bank – notification of bank closing in Wincanton. Options discussed.
2. Letter from Major Rooke regarding speeding on Gibbet Lane. Discussed at the meeting and
suggested that the national speed limit sign to be moved further up the lane so that the road is 30
mph. Highways to be contacted to see what can be done.
3. Correspondence from Hugo Fox regarding planning tracker noted.
4. Correspondence from Environmental Officer regarding Parish Environmental Warden noted.
Cheques authorised - £12 advert for Excalibur
£10 Holton Village Hall 494 Meeting
£10 North Cheriton Village Hall
£112.70 Blackmore Vale Magazine advert
ANY OTHER BUSINESS
1. 30 mph stickers for dust bins were discussed. They are to be collected from Mr Bourne and distributed in villages.
2. Signs at Shepherds Cross – sign taken apart, Wincanton end of Cheriton. Signs faded and worn out. Highways to be contacted.
There being no further business the meeting was closed at 8.25 pm.
Hannah Crofts – In the absence of Clerk for North Vale Parish Council.